Bkool simulators will be running a Simulator Challenge during the Philadelphia Bike Expo, with prizes awarded throughout the event. Preliminary heats will be on a short road simulation from a real course someplace in the world (TBD). The top 2 times will earn a spot in the Sunday 2pm finals where the fastest racer will win a $700 Bkool smart trainer. The finals will feature competitors from all over the world, though only our Philly Bike Expo finalists will be eligible for the grand prize.
Entrants are encouraged to bring their own bikes, shoes, etc. to improve their chances (no helmets needed!).
- Heats of 2 held periodically beginning at 11am on Saturday, fastest 2 overall times qualify for the Sunday 2pm finals
- Qualifying course will be a mile or less, a segment from some real life course
- Prizes for each heat winner (to be announced)
- Finals will be a kierin competition on Bkool's virtual velodrome, joined by Bkoolers from all over the world
- The winner of the finals (between our two finalists) wins a $700 Bkool controllable smart trainer
- Sign-up to race in advance and get a 3 month premium Bkool subscription (worth $45) for 99 cents. The first 5 pre-registrations will also get a Bkool cycling cap from Walz.
- Register in advance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Philly Challenge" with your name, email address, and preferred day/time for your preliminary heat.